It’s almost the end of November and less than 6 weeks left in 2010 so I thought I’d see how I was doing against my running goals. Hopefully, anything I haven’t achieved can be done in the time remaining.
1. Fully transition to mid/front foot running style.
I’m not sure if I have actually done this because it’s hard to know exactly where your foot falls when you run. I must have adapted my style to some degree since I’m running primarily in the neutral Kinvaras without any problems. Landing mid foot would be a good explanation for that.
2. Raise at least $200 for charitable causes by donating $5 per race mile.
I’ll be updating the donation widget at the end of this week. As of the Hope for Warriors 10K I surpassed $200 and last Sunday’s 10K plus this Thursday’s 5K will add $47 more.
3. PR in a race – preferably in a longer distance than 5K.
PR’d at 10K over two consecutive weeks. Better than I’d hoped for.
4. Run trails at three or more NY state parks that I have yet to visit.
Muttontown only so far. I need to actually run, not hike Caleb Smith. That still leaves a third.
5. Run a continuous 10 mile route under 9:30/mile.
This is actually two goals – distance and pace. I’m going to focus on the distance and even if I don’t achieve the pace goal I’ll consider it completed.
6. Participate in at least 5 races.
Completed seven already this year.
7. Finish the year as excited about running as I am right now.
Hopefully nothing will change in the next six weeks!
I’m looking to do a long run over the Thanksgiving break targeting 9+ miles. If I cover 10 it’s another goal completed. If I don’t do it this week I still have five more weekends to reach that milestone.
2 thoughts on “Six weeks to complete my 2010 running goals”
Have to uphold my status as a broken record–Minnewaska State Park, Rockefeller State Park, Minnewaska State Park, Rockefeller State Park, Minnewaska State Park, Rockefeller State Park…
I know, I know!!!