I just checked the extended forecast for Falmouth, MA on Sunday: 58 degrees and a 30% chance of precipitation. In my perfect world it would be a little colder than that but 58% with clouds could work just fine. I have a lot of decisions to make between now and Sunday at 8:30 AM:
- What clothes should I run in?
- Should I change between my first and second leg (legs 1 & 4)?
- What gear should I bring along (HRM, Garmin, iPhone, gloves)?
- Which running shoes should I wear?
- What pace should I target for each leg?
- How will I handle hydration?
- How can I keep my legs flexible between my runs?
- Should I do a practice run on Saturday or take advantage of rest?
I’m also concerned about following the course and not getting lost. I think the race people mark the route with CCM labels spray painted in prominent spots. I hope so because it would be humiliating to leave my teammates stranded due to a navigational snafu. I worry that I’m not worried about the first leg and too worried about the second. In the end it’s just a race and I’ll figure everything out or things will get figured out for me. Like I’ve said in previous competitions, I’m just going to run my race and hope for the best. In the end, if it isn’t about having fun just why am I doing this?
One thought on “Decisions and anxieties”
Sorry we won't be able to come down to cheer you on. We'll be in NY (ironically)but Upstate not NYC.GOOD LUCK! See you in a couple weeks anyway!